Sunday, April 01, 2007

36 hours baby... yeah!!!!

In 36 hours I will be sitting on a plane with 90% of my worldly belongings, heading off to start my new life in Vanuatu! How exciting!!! And somewhat freaky!!!

I've moved house before but this is something pretty huge... in fact it's huge on a scale that I've never known before! On one hand I really just want to hurry up and go, but on the other hand I'm worried that I'm going to forget stuff that I need. Not that I can't get replacement stuff over there but it's different when it's your stuff... the only symbol of continuity between the life you've just left and the life you're now entering!

I'm also having serious issues getting my baggage below 40kgs... My airline approved extra baggage takes me up to 30kgs but it still ain't enough. I have been spared having to make a decision on whether or not to take my pair of "crocs" with me, as after 9 months of faithful service they have decided that 36 hours before I get on a plane would be a great time to develop holes in their soles! I practically live in these shoes! I'm kinda distraught that they aren't going to make the trip with me... but glad that it's one less thing to worry about fitting in my bag. I might try to get a new pair at the last minute at the airport though... just might.

14 Comments:

At 12:48 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh you should definitely treat yourself to a new pair of crocs - you're starting a new life after all! GOOD LUCK in your new place and keep your eyes trained on your future, not your past.

 
At 2:05 am, Blogger Carolyn said...

Sounds like you're on an adventure as well :) Good luck in your new digs!

Here from Michele's :)

 
At 8:36 am, Blogger Michael K. Althouse said...

Have a great trip. I'd love to go on an adventure like that. Maybe next year my opportunity will knock!

Mike

 
At 9:45 am, Blogger David Edward said...

congrats on the huge move,
and best of luck

 
At 10:45 am, Blogger Bobkat said...

Wow, how exciting! Wishing you tons of luck for your adventure. It sounds like a wonderful opportunity to experience life to the full so enjoy!

Michele sent me to wish you well.

 
At 11:21 am, Blogger MsT said...

Best of luck on this exciting new chapter!
Here from Michele's.

 
At 1:21 pm, Blogger The Mistress of the Dark said...

Good luck to you on your move!

Michele says hi :)

 
At 8:02 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The trip sounds exciting. I'm about to graduate college, and I wish I had plans to just leave to some far off place.

I say it's a good thing you can't take your crocs. I absolutely hate those shoes. A friend and I actually made a pact a few weeks ago to never, ever become one of those people that wear them. :)

I hope you have fun on your trip! Here from Michele's.

 
At 10:58 pm, Blogger kenju said...

Buy a new pair and wear them on the plane! Have you thought about having your stuff shipped? That might be a good way to get some stuff over there easily.

Michele sent me. Isn't this exciting for you?

 
At 4:07 pm, Blogger utenzi said...

66 pounds of stuff isn't much to bring to a new life. Can't you ship some of it by boat while you take a plane, Yaeli?

I don't have Crocs but I've heard that they're great from so many people--eventually I'll buy a pair. I hope you replace yours soon, lovely Yaeli.

Have a great life and relationship out on Vanuatu!

 
At 8:46 am, Blogger Lidia said...

YAY!!!
You must be in Vanuatu now huh??

Aww..i can't wait for the next post to see how everything went!

-Amy

 
At 3:37 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

are you there yet llama???
becca

 
At 11:24 am, Blogger Unknown said...

polo ralph lauren outlet, ugg boots, gucci outlet, nike air max, nike roshe run, sac longchamp, ralph lauren pas cher, burberry, air jordan pas cher, oakley sunglasses, ray ban sunglasses, nike outlet, longchamp, christian louboutin outlet, louboutin, chanel handbags, tory burch outlet, ray ban sunglasses, louis vuitton outlet, cheap oakley sunglasses, ray ban sunglasses, oakley sunglasses, oakley sunglasses, kate spade outlet, nike free, louboutin outlet, longchamp outlet, tiffany and co, jordan shoes, michael kors, louis vuitton, louis vuitton, longchamp pas cher, nike air max, tiffany jewelry, oakley sunglasses, prada outlet, louis vuitton outlet, replica watches, prada handbags, uggs on sale, louboutin shoes, louboutin pas cher, air max, ugg boots, polo ralph lauren outlet, louis vuitton, longchamp outlet, replica watches, nike free

 
At 5:45 am, Blogger menna said...

شركات تنظيف فلل براس الخيمة
شركات تنظيف المبانى فى راس الخيمة
شركة تنظيف شقق فى راس الخيمة

 

Post a Comment

<< Home