Friday, May 25, 2007

What a week!

I'm a bit too lazy to write much about my week, which included the arrival of one of our board members from Australia to check out the organisation, a huge stuff up by the airline that was supposed to be flying Benson back from Epi, another huge stuff up on Benson's part, wasted money and time, the dog learning to "sit", and a hell of a lot more waiting around for Ben to come back from the island (which still hasn't happened).

So instead I'm going to post a joke and some photos...

Sleepy Dwarf and Grumpy Dwarf take Dopey to see the Pope.
They arrive at the Vatican and are shown into the Pope's private quarters where they are graciously welcomed.
"Pope," says Sleepy, "We were hoping that you might be able to shed some light on an issue for us... Can you tell me, do nuns wear black and white?"
"Yes", says the Pope. "Nuns certainly do dress in black and white habits."
Dopey looks triumphant and grins cheerfully at the other two.
Then Grumpy asks "But Pope... Do nuns have webbed feet and beaks?"
The Pope looks a bit confused and Dopey starts to look sheepish.
"No boys", says the Pope. "Nuns most certainly do not have webbed feet and beaks."
Sleepy and Grumpy look triumphantly at Dopey and sing "Dopey fucked a penguin! Dopey fucked a penguin!"



Benson and some of the kids from across the road on the fron steps of the office.

The "rego rainbow". This bus is still displaying its road tax stickers from the past decade! And what a lovely rainbow they make! (Yes, I have no life. I'm taking photos of road tax stickers... what did you expect?)

11 Comments:

At 1:21 pm, Blogger Bernie said...

I hope that it was not an Australian 'STUFF UP' with regards to the airline!
Oh, before I go, love the joke...
Michele sent me today...

 
At 3:42 pm, Blogger Diane said...

Love the rainbow of stickers . . . great photo with the kids . . . and the joke made me chuckle!

Michele sent me

 
At 9:10 pm, Blogger Lou said...

Thanks for visiting our blog earlier. I will be sure to have a coffee for you next time I am in Paddington. I have enjoyed looking through your posts, good luck with the work you are doing.

 
At 11:54 am, Blogger Lidia said...

Hey Yaeli!!! Glad to see your enjoying Vanuatu!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hahaha- i definately don't think you have no life! Look where you are after all :P Aren't Vila buses cool? I remember I used to always want to ride in this brand new red one and when the driver beeped his horn it made this weird noise! I think it had all these pics of Bob Marley in it - but i no that doesn't really narrow it down!!!

Hope everything goes well for you!

 
At 2:41 am, Blogger utenzi said...

I'm not sure if Dopey fucking a nun would have been a good idea anyway. *blush*

I hope Ben gets back soon, Yaeli. I know you must really miss him. He's been gone too long.

 
At 4:08 pm, Blogger Lidia said...

Hi Yaeli!
I was scared to read your comment cause i wasn't sure if i had accidentally grouped all expats into the same category- but i think your pretty much like my mum -black on the inside, white on the outside :P I can imagine them lookng down their noses at relationships with ni-vans - but do you think there is a double standard in that white men are allowed to marry ni-van girls but not the other way around?

About Ben in Oz...i think for the most part, alot of Australians don't know how to act around people from different cultures. But why would you want to move back to Oz anyway???

Hope your having fun in the happiest place on earth!
-Amy

 
At 1:44 am, Blogger utenzi said...

Missing for a month! Should we send out search and rescue teams?

BTW, I have sheep jokes on my blog, Yaeli. Come take a look--

 
At 9:58 am, Blogger utenzi said...

I now realize the error of my ways, Yaeli. As a result of the information you gave to me, I changed Aussie to Kiwi to better reflect the realities of the herding business. :-)

 
At 1:59 pm, Blogger carmilevy said...

I think you have more of a life than most folks I know. Taking these kinds of pictures - the seemingly silly ones of "nothing" - shows that you view life with a vibrancy that most people lack.

It's why I love to read your blog. It's why Michele sent me tonight.

 
At 2:54 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hi is this yaeli the one i know the one that is dating kikio

 
At 11:23 am, Blogger Unknown said...

polo ralph lauren outlet, ugg boots, gucci outlet, nike air max, nike roshe run, sac longchamp, ralph lauren pas cher, burberry, air jordan pas cher, oakley sunglasses, ray ban sunglasses, nike outlet, longchamp, christian louboutin outlet, louboutin, chanel handbags, tory burch outlet, ray ban sunglasses, louis vuitton outlet, cheap oakley sunglasses, ray ban sunglasses, oakley sunglasses, oakley sunglasses, kate spade outlet, nike free, louboutin outlet, longchamp outlet, tiffany and co, jordan shoes, michael kors, louis vuitton, louis vuitton, longchamp pas cher, nike air max, tiffany jewelry, oakley sunglasses, prada outlet, louis vuitton outlet, replica watches, prada handbags, uggs on sale, louboutin shoes, louboutin pas cher, air max, ugg boots, polo ralph lauren outlet, louis vuitton, longchamp outlet, replica watches, nike free

 

Post a Comment

<< Home